Saturday, October 31, 2009

How was it for you?










Happy Halloween to you all.
Dublin looked like a Hollywood movie set tonight with witches,wenches,pirates, mummies and naughty nurses all going round together.
The rain came bucketing down and it made a good night for taxis.
Perhaps I am getting old, but the girls when they dress up at this time of year become more sluttish as time goes on. A Korean girl once asked me if we were going through the "Red light "district, I said no that this is how the girls dress on Saturday night in Ireland.
No,I am not complaining!
A group got into the car and they were talking about a stabbing outside a nightclub, one of the guys said that the girl was a really beautiful girl. One of the girls said she was a real psycho imagine carrying a knife and stabbing the guy like that, I hope he will be OK. I am glad I picked them up and not the psycho.

It was all go.

Something is going on I had typed much more and now when it published it vanashed.
I will try again later.

Another thing I missed was the marathon on Monday. 2,700 runners went mad on the streets.





look we beat the clock!

One of my friends wrecked his gearbox last night, for a good car it is a repair job, but in this case it will be a trip to the car sales for another car.
I was in the auction rooms of British Car Auctions in Belview Manchester, loads of good cars going cheap. Over here we have Merlin car auctions. Loads of repossessed cars going cheap now. One good sign of the recession.
I never bought a bad car at an auction, the nearest was when I brought a big Mazda ex special branch car, but the engine was blown. I went to IVI I think they were called on the Naas rd. New engine the next day,we drove it for 3 years and made £200 profit when we sold her on.
Car auctions are a great day out. Looking at the wheeler dealers at work, but be careful don't buy on the first or second day, avoid cars with dirty drivers seats and dirty panels on the doors. Engine nice and clean? any oil leaks? look for holes on the dash where meters or flashing lights might have been fitted. Look in the glove box, sometimes you can find a service manual, check the mileage it may have been "Clocked" (turned back). All good fun.

One of my headlights blew, it is amazing to me how so many taxis have only one headlight working. In France if you are caught with one light blown you get an opportunity to fix it there and then. If you have no spare bulb or if you can't replace it you get an on the spot fine.
I tried to reach the bulb myself, no way. I huffed and puffed and tried to dismantle the front end of the car to take out the headlight unit and failed, so in the end I gave up and went to a garage.They huffed and puffed and after 3/4 of an hour announced that it was done, I was nervous about paying but it was only the cost of the bulbs.
I will be going back to Murphy and Gunne in Rarhgar again, they understand a thing or two about customer service.

4 comments:

  1. I drive in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. We have one of the biggest public Halloween events in the US. They call it Freakfest, if you're curious about it http://www.madisonwihalloween.com/

    It went ok. The cops seemed to be focusing on underage drinking. Nobody puked in in a cab, none of the drivers got hurt, we all made money. I haven't been as tired as I was when I checked it in in a long time.

    Best costume that I saw was a buxom young woman in a fleece leopard costume, which allowed her to wear long under ware (very practical), and she really looked good in it. The girl she was with remembered me from the previous night, someone had taken a lighter and set her costume on fire, which they caught really quickly. Drunk kids, they do some of the stupidest things......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Halloween seems to be popular all over.
    The fact that it is a pagan festival makes it popular with all religions.
    They even have a nude pumpkin streak somewhere, but it was called off because of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:59 AM

    A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.

    I do believe that you ought to publish more about this issue, it may not be a
    taboo matter but usually people don't discuss these topics. To the next! All the best!!
    My web-site :: diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:06 PM

    This is a topic that's near to my heart... Many thanks! Where are your contact details though?

    Feel free to visit my homepage: bmr calculator

    ReplyDelete