Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy birthdayPhilip 61

Phil Lynott would have been 61 today.
Thin lizzy lives on in our hearts and minds forever.



Phisomena will be 80 this year.






Well last week the Garda pressed the button and moved in to arrest more than 30 drug dealers in the city and they raided a number of houses and drug mixing plants. It was quite a haul.
The operation had been in progress over 6 months with undercover garda buying drugs from dealers during that period. So the dealers would be facing charges of supplying drugs more than 20 or 30 times.

It is about time, I am sick of seeing drug dealers openly operating on the streets.
Drugs are the petrol that drives a lot of crime.

The result of the operation was to have addicts falling down in agony on the streets.normal looking people screaming at their partners, their supplys had been cut off.

Believe you me "THERE FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO YOU OR I"

Heroin would numb your unhappyness for a short while.

There are only a couple of beds for addicts who want to come off heroin.

If it was up to me dealers would be shot and property seized.

But even in countries where they have a tough stance they still have a drug problem.

Conversation from my taxi around 8 years ago.

"I was unhappy, there was something missing in my life, I was only 15 and my boyfriend gave me my first fix. It was great mister. For a while I was in heaven, then,. the next thing you know I was working on the streets selling sex for him, both of us trying to get the £200 each that we needed every day just to feel normal

I'll be back in 10 minutes, keep the meter running and the doors locked."

5 comments:

  1. And there we have problems. Prostitutes working to cover their drug addiction.

    I completely support your "shoot them all" idea, and a stronger police force to take them all in. Drug addicts are always the saddest things on this earth. You can't help but feel sorry for them somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the heartache that drugs bring. The little town I grew up in is slowly being eaten alive by drugs as well. I wish that this town would wake up and realize that being polite isn't going to do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:07 AM

    It's always great to acknowledge the legend of Mr. Philip Lynnot. RIP Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone bought a bunch of flowers and put them in Philos arms, the next day they were stolen.
    Is there no respect in this city?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is to say on the statue on Balfe St.

    ReplyDelete