Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dying wish

Think of this.

You have reached the end of your life and you are asked at the end of your days what are your greatest regrets?
The lady then wrote this down while she worked in a hospice in Australia, then she wrote a blog which had millions of hits.

Then it became a book."Regrets? I have a few" by Bonnie Ware

So what would be your regrets ?

I bet you don't wish you had played less golf.

So the top 5 regrets of the dying are.

1 I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. (All those unfinished dream projects)

2 I wish I hadn't worked so hard. All those all night shifts which meant that the kids were not brought to football.

3 I wish I had the courage to express my feelings. All that silence so as not to cause upset.

4 I wish Ihad stayed in touch with my friends

5 I wish I had allowed myself be happier. Being happy is a choice.

So armed with this I want you all to start living, like every day is your last.

Then some day you will be right.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Perhaps your dying wish might be.
    "I wish I hadn't tried to overtake on this bend"

    ReplyDelete