Thursday, October 10, 2013

You never know.

My youngest son landed a job at the airport and he started work at 4 am.! So I had to get out of bed and drop him out. It is good because an early start means no traffic and an early finish 11.30 am.
I got another fare from the HailO system on my way home, and yet another one later.
I took 2 hours sleep and went out again.
It was after 8 am but I got another few jobs which found me around Baggott St where I picked up 2 Spanish people heading for (trumpets) Ardmore studios in Bray..
"What do you guys do for a living?" Brought the reply.
"We are Movie director and producer"
Their car had not shown up and they had me instead. So I entertained them with the Stephen Speilberg story..(yes I did meet him)
They were delighted that their car had not turned up because I was much more fun.
The movie they are working on now is Penny dreadful A vimpire horror story which I found on youtube.



It seems scary enough to me.

His other movie the impossible is on youtube complete.



There is a lot of work put into theese movies for sure.
The guy told me that if I wanted to be in the movie he would get a nice dress for me.
The girl corrected his English to say he would dress me up nicely !

And Tango on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Marathon NEWS! Workshops, Ladies technique, Food & more

DynamicTangoDublin .
To dynamictango@googlegroups.com
Oct 4 at 9:14 AM
One week countdown to our 3rd Dublin Tango Marathon at the Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue.  Directions and map on our website

Please Register Now so we have you on the list!  

NEWS:

Friday 7.30pm Ladies Technique Class 
Drop in €10 class, taught by Natalia Morozova 

Dinners not-to-be-missed!
We have a fine Italian chef catering for us this year. He is a renowned TV chef in Portugal where he lives but he has worked all over the world in top star restaurants and he also teaches cooking workshops. We've arranged a very special price for dinners if you book in advance:  1 dinner €14, or 3 dinners for €36 (Saving €6).  Dinners must be booked in advance- Click here

Teachers, DJs, & Performance
Top Class International DJs, and a lovely couple from Portugal who run tango schools in 2 cities there, training their own teachers, and organising festivals and marathons as well as teaching and performing all over Europe:  Rui Barroso and Ines Gomez will give 2 workshops and do a performance at our Sunday night Afterparty!

2 Workshops only! - Book here
Saturday 7pm Rhythmical Soltadas
Sunday 6.15pm Combining Boleos & Sacadas
€15 for one, €25 for both.
(There is still time to get dinner after the workshops)

Shoes & Clothes
We'll have the very fine Noavelle Shoes for ladies and some VidaDance for men, as well as the renowned Tango Lace clothing for the first time in Dublin!
Single Evening Tickets
This year a limited number of Friday and Saturday evening tickets will be available for people who can only make it then.  Please Book In Advance!
The Sunday Afterparty milonga is drop-in and open to everyone.
Saturday workshop + Saturday night for €35
Just Sunday milonga €12, or €25 for both the Sunday Workshop + Afterparty

Register now on: http://www.dublintangomarathon.com/p/registration.html

The facebook event is:  https://www.facebook.com/events/212577135547661

See you next week!

John
--

No comments:

Post a Comment