Friday, March 09, 2018

A day off ?

It was like the end of the World when the storm struck out in Portmarnock

Where  is GOOGLE? Right here in Barrow St. Dublin

Nearly £500 Punts found after being "Put away" in 1991

What do you think could I really be living in a house on the edge of the twilight Zone ?
Doing a big tidy up the other day in the bookcase up pops an envelope put away in 1991 to be found now in 2018
£490 old Irish pounds traveled through time to be found again.
A Polish guy told me the "Old money" it cannot be exchanged.
But in Ireland it can.
So its back to the central bank with my passport and bank details.
They won't just exchange the money.
You have to wait until it is transferred to your account,
Still money is money.

I am waiting for OIL, we just about ran out and he should be here soon.
We couldn't be bothered to change over to gas as you get a bill every month whether you are using gas or not.You only pay for what you use with oil, no monthly charge.
The wood burning stove that we installed a few years ago gives us an awful lot of heat, then with using old pallets for fuel it costs nothing to run.
Business is picking up in the taxi in comparison to other years. Time was 10 years ago you would be better off going to stay in Spain for the heat and the rest as there was no work here until St.Patricks day..
More than 800 taxi drivers left the business last year, whether it is the economy improving or the falling income I cannot judge.

A really interesting lady from India the other day.
She was an artist had just arrived here and was looking for a sim card.
Most phone shops don't open until 11.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then she had to go to her solicitors on Ushers quay.
She had a great wonderful happy laugh. Then she showed me some of her paintings on her fone. They were really good for sure.
I am sure that I saw them in the Sunday Times a while back.
Then she said.
"You are a very interesting man and great fun to be with.
I really enjoyed your company.
You are very handsome in spite of your age!!  "

My balloon went with a big bang.

I am taking all day off today..  much work to do here in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment